Saturday, October 26, 2013

Nursery Planning

We got our crib yesterday!  I researched and agonized over what crib to choose, and then, of course, ended up going with one of the first ones I found.  I chose a Baby Mod Parklane after reading some positive feedback from other bloggers who have similar values and tastes as I do.  It was important to me to find a crib that will be safe for baby, which means solid wood is best (no fiberboard with toxic glues) and the company should make a commitment to using safe paints and finishes.  It's difficult to find good information (all companies claim their materials are safe), but others seem to trust the Parklane, and I wasn't willing to spend an arm and a leg for "luxury" or "designer" brands.

Right now the crib is still in the box--just bringing it inside was enough of a struggle for one day (for hubby, not me).  But this weekend we'll probably put it together or at least take it out and let it start airing out.

This weekend we also hope to move all the furniture out of the baby room, start prepping the walls for paint, and possibly get started on priming.  We haven't chosen a paint color yet, but I'm hoping to choose a soft color in the blue-gray range.  We'll definitely go with a zero-VOC paint.

I'm excited to have this phase done so we can start moving the furniture in and choosing accents and decorations!  There are so many decisions to make.  I'm hoping to have the baby room done in about 5 or 6 weeks just to give us a little cushion--who knows when baby will decide to make an appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment